The Indian Society for Technical Education
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our Country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. Being the only National Organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes to various missions of the Union Government. The strength of ISTE is the strong base it has in technical education institutions in the Country.
ISTE has an Executive Council at the National level. It has an active membership of more than 128500 technical teachers, 535000 student members, more than 2740 institutional members (including IITs, IISc., NITs, and other leading technical institutions), 1414 faculty chapters and 1505 students’ chapters at the National level, and 19 Sections at State Level.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programs to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute to the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
It organizes an annual convention for faculty and students separately every year where a large number of technocrats, technical teachers, policymakers, experts from the industry, etc., participate and interact. Every year a National Seminar with a specific theme concerning the latest development in the field of Science and Technology and societal problems is being arranged during the Annual Convention and leading luminaries of technical education are invited to deliver special lectures and delegates will present research papers. ISTE is actively involved in many activities conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi (AICTE) and the National Board of Accreditation New Delhi (NBA). Recently ISTE was the partner to AICTE and NBA in the conduct of the Second Chhatra Vishwakarma Award and WOSA, respectively.
ISTE is having collaboration and MoUs with government organizations and various Universities for the promotion of the technical education system in the Country.
The primary objectives of the ISTE are:
- It provides quality training programs to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- It assist and contribute in the production and development of top-quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
- It provides guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personalities. Overview
The Premier National Society for Teachers and Students of the Technical Education System has more than 102985 teachers and 5.5 lakh student members, 2410 Institutional Members, 1214 Faculty Chapters, and 1322 Student Chapters
- It is the Strategic partner of AICTE.
- Professional Refinement Programmes for faculty members of AICTE approved Technical Institutions sponsored by AICTE.
- Premier Agency was operating MHRD, AICTE, MIT, and International Projects.
- It is the Reputed source for Information Dissemination through publications, seminars, workshops in Technical Education.
- It is the Major Consultant for Educational Management, Institution Building, Career and Personality development of teachers and students respectively.
- Professional Society was giving over more than 70 National and Regional Awards to Institutions, Teachers, and Students for innovation and excellence in various areas of Engineering and Technology.
- The Organization having meaningful interaction among technical institutions of Degree/Diploma levels all over the Country.
- It Prepares and do Publication of Learning Materials and CDs in Electronics and Computers for Degree/Diploma Level Students.
- It does Learning Project for Working Professionals.
- ISTE-Srinivasa Ramanujan Mathematical Competitions
- ISTE-SRM Short-Term Training Programmes
- ISTE-PTU Faculty Development Programmes