B.VOC. IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
The University Grants Commission has launched a scheme on skills development based advanced education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. The B.Voc. programme is concentrated on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also include specific job roles and their NOSs along with comprehensive general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc to make a significant participation in quickening India’s economy by gaining right employment, becoming entrepreneurs or industrialist and generating correct knowledge.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) to provide speedy and definite intrusions to advance the exists of the disadvantaged and downgraded youth, through appropriate vocational training programs. It has been set up with a dream of producing an environment that would bring back the dignity of labor for cultured streams of work and create maintainable sources of income. So this project has been initiated under the aegis of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) projected by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Key Features / Goals
- To provide thoughtful mix of skills relating to a profession and proper content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have sufficient knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
- The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in Software Development and will be offered under the aegis of TISS.
Eligibility for Admission
The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc. Programme in Software Development shall be 10+2 or equivalent.