PCTI Ltd. is India’s well-known institute with highly qualified faculties (Post Graduate, M.Phil., PhD and NET-JRF qualified) from reputed colleges and universities. At PCTI Ltd., we create an interactive learning environment which enables every student to realize their potential & achieve their dreams.
UGC NET Coaching at PCTI Ltd. is distinctive because we guarantee our students early, continuous, and pro-active action which delivers the result along with the success.Why to Join PCTI Ltd. ?
- Highly Professional & Qualified Faculty (Post Graduate, M.Phil., PhD and NET-JRF qualified)
- Up to date Study Material
- Practical Orientation of Class
- Surprise gifts for Mock Test’s Toppers
- Excellent preparation of our aspirants for NET-JRF in the profession and in higher education.
- Dedication of our faculty to outstanding service and our commitment to recognize everyone’s contribution to our success.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as an independent/ autonomous, self-reliant and self-sustained premier testing organization. The UGC-NET examination's conduct has been entrusted to the NTA by UGC and MHRD, Government of India.NET is usually conducted two times in a year in the month of June and December. Mode of Examination
The Examination shall be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT) only.Pattern of examination
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.Important Instructions
- The eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend on the candidate's performance in both the papers of UGC-NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for the award of JRF. Candidates appearing in UGC-NET should thoughtfully select in the Application Form whether they apply for ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor’. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or a related matter and are also suitable for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for full-time research work by the procedure prescribed by them.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will be eligible to receive UGC fellowship under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/Institutions. The validity period of the offer will be three years w.e.f. The date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, for those candidates who have already joined M. Phil. / PhD, the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
- The National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste (NFSC) Students, National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFBC) and the Maulana Azad National Fellowship(MANF) for Minority Students shall be governed by the guidelines available on the official websites of the concerned Ministries or the UGC. Only those candidates who have applied for ‘Both JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and qualify for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor Only’ in the UGC-NET form the consideration zone for the schemes described above..
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally. They shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL /SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among SC/ST/PwD/OBC–NCL categories in the related subject.
- The PhD degree holders whose Master’s level examinations have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01.06.2020. A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the OBC Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) (as per the Central list of OBC available on the website: www.ncbc.nic.in) /SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates with research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on producing a certificate from the appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. degree. A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
Reservation policy of the Government of India applies to UGC-NET. According to this, in the Central Universities and Institutions which are deemed to be Universities, 10% of the seats are reserved for the category General- 6 Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the type Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer”(OBC-NCL). Each type will have 4 (four)% reservations horizontally for Persons with Disabilities(PwD) as defined in the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act,2016) (source-Press Release by UGC).Courses Offered and Syllabus Covered by PCTI Ltd.